Sunday, February 04, 2007
~ Sunday, February 04, 2007 ~
The rules of prep time:
-no phones
-no music
-no talking
-no going into your friends room
-no leaving table unless necessary
-no going downstairs
-no having fun
-no laptops
The rules after betime:
-no phones
-no going into your friends room
-no leaving room unless necessary
-no going downstairs
-no laptops
I am telling you these rules because... of Mr Suresh. Yesh. The proctor. My english teacher. The Singaporean. The everything else that freaks me out.
I was messaging Amirah during prep coz she has a trip to KLCC or sumtin. Ten minutes before prep time ended, my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I picked it up, DUH. Who cares about the stupid rule, anyway? Everyone uses their phone. It's their luck if they get caught or not.
Me: Hello?
??: Hello, who is this?
Me: Uh... this is Anisa
??: Sorry, I can't hear you
Me: Um.. who's this?
??: This is Mr Suresh.
#%^*%^*$%@#$^%$*^&(%@@!?!?!?!?!?!?
WTH WEI!?!?!?!?
Me: Sorry?
??: This is Mr Suresh. Who is this?
Me: Sorry, I can't hear you.
??: Hello, who's this?
KM: Who's that?
Me: I don't know. It's too soft. *hangs up*
OF COURSE I WAS LYING!!!!
After that, for the remaining ten minutes of prep time, I my imagination went wild and I had all sorts of excuses on why MR. SURESH, of ALL PEOPLE... had my number. DON'T BLAME ME!!! I mean, how many times do YOU pick up your phone with an anonymous number, and suddenly you find out that your DISCIPLINE MASTER is at the other end of the line!?!?!?
I had all sorts of ideas...
1. I won something, and I gave my phone number then but for some reason or the other they called the school first. This was so stupid I immediately discarded it before asking Kar Men's opinion.
2. He has this form with my number on it but it was incomplete and he needed the imformation urgently. Kar Men said that there's no such form.
3. He has a machine that can track down when a student is using his/her phone and then confiscates it when he/she is using it at the wrong time. This is the first time he used this machine and I, sadly, was his first victim. Kar Men said that it was not possible for him to have such a machine, but that seemed to be the only thing that made sense at the moment that I would not accept any other reason.
Straight away when prep ended, I called him again
M.S: Hello?
Me : Yes, you called me just now?
M.S: Yes, who is this?
Me : Anisa
M.S: Oh, Anisa... from which form?
Me : Uh... I'm from your english class.
M.S: Oh, Anissa from form 6?
Me : No... from 4i
M.S: Ah, yes. Well, you see, last night you called about a missing phone?
Me : .... What?
M.S: Last night, you miss called a missing handphone. It's with me right now.
Me : Oh, yeah!! It's Aisha's!
M.S: Oh, okay. Anyway, tell her to see me because her phone is with me right now.
Me : Alright.
I DON'T REMEMBER HOW IT ENDED BUT I WAS STILL FREAKED OUT.
1. I answered a phone during prep time
2. I called after bedtime
3. I don't think I'll see my phone for the next month unless I pay the damn fine.
Coz last night, they had this entertainment thingy and Aisha left her phone with some 'girl in tudung', but she couldn't find said girl. So when she went to our room after our bedtime, she asked if anyone of us used tudung. Kar Men and I pointed at Amirah, but she was already asleep so I offered to miss call her phone for her. Hearing no ring, Aisha left. So that's the whole story.
Whatever it is, I am NOT bringing my phone to my next english class.